Sunday 12 August 2012

Worcester - Birmingham Canal - Day 6

Yesterday was my penultimate day hiking the canal. I'd arrived at the outskirts of Birmingham so, no surprise, there was much more industry and urbanisation. There are many long sections of wall and fence beside the canal that were clearly made for Birmingham's wall artists. The canvas they provide has been well used and provided me with lots of opportunities to advance my colour work! When planning this section I realised that the canal in Selly Oak took me very close to my old flat where I lived whilst at Birmingham University almost 40 years ago - and past the Country Girl pub where I spent many a happy evening. I went in the pub for lunch - it's always worth remembering that a memory often exceeds the reality! Below are three from yesterday - they, and the others are on my website page - linked here.

Exit From - Or Entrance To - Wast Tunnel

Ivy Reclaims Its Wall

Toadflax Foothold

No comments:

Post a Comment